Google Calendar Sync, a free application, syncs the information in your Microsoft Outlook calendar and your iPhone. This program works with Microsoft Outlook 2003 and 2007 on Windows XP and Vista operating systems. You also need an iPhone with operating system version 3.0 or above. You need to connect the iPhone to your computer to back up your data before setting up the sync, but you can conduct syncing wirelessly after the initial set-up.
Download Google Calendar Sync
- Download Google Calendar Sync and save it on your computer.
- Open the Google Calendar Sync file and click “OK” when a window pops up to let you know that it is an executable file.
- Click “I Agree” after reading the Google Calendar Sync Terms of Service.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to choose your installation options and click “Install.”
Sync on Computer
- Launch the Google Calendar Sync program.
- Enter your email address and password. Choose whether you want to sync from Google Calendar to Microsoft Outlook calendar or the other way around, or conduct a two-way sync. Set the time interval for syncing.
- Click the “Save” button. The program will automatically start syncing your calendars.
Back Up iPhone
- Use the USB cable to connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Launch iTunes on your computer.
- Choose your iPhone on iTunes and click the “Info” tab.
- Check the “Sync contacts with” option and choose “Google Contacts.”
- Click the “Configure” button. Enter your Google ID and password in the pop-up window that appears. Click “OK.”
- Click “Apply” to back up your iPhone contacts and calendar on iTunes.
- Check to see that Google Contacts has your data online, then un-check the “Sync contacts with” option to disable syncing and prevent duplicate contacts.
Sync With iPhone
- Choose “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Choose “Mail, Contacts, Calendars.”
- Choose “Add Account.”
- Choose “Microsoft Exchange.”
- Enter your Google account email address in the “Email” and the “Username” fields. Enter your Google account password in the “Password” field. Choose “Next.” Select “Cancel” if the “Unable to Verify Certificate” dialog appears.
- Enter “m.google.com” in the “Server” field. Press “Next.”
- Choose which ones you want to sync: Mail, Calendar or Calendars.
- Choose “Keep on My iPhone” to keep the Contacts and Calendars you have on iPhone. You have set up syncing between Outlook Calendar and your iPhone. In the future, simply open the “Mail, Calendar or Contacts” application to start syncing.